Thank you for submitting the online application for the Summer Scholars Program (SSP) at the University of Miami.
YOUR NEXT STEPS:
In order to complete your application, you must:
- Create your CaneID
This is your personal ID for the University of Miami. You will create a unique username and UM ID number. Your CaneID logs you into multiple University of Miami secure websites.
Please keep a record of this important information:
- UM ID number – This is an 8-digit number that starts with a “C” which is used instead of a Social Security Number
- CaneID username
- CaneID password
For additional CaneID help, contact the UM Information Technology Help Desk:
Call (305) 284-6565, option #2, or email
Hours: Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Submit the $75 Nonrefundable Application Fee online
- Scroll down and click “ENROLL NOW” in order to pay for the application fee online.*
- Click “Check Out Now” to proceed to payment.
- Click “New User” underneath the Login button. You will create a login with your personal email address and a unique password in order to complete the billing process below (this is separate from the CaneID login you just created).
- Once you fill in personal information and UMID (the 8-digit number that starts with a "C", received when creating your CaneID), you will be directed to a secure payment processing site to input your billing and credit card information.
*Please note that submitting your application fee does not guarantee acceptance into the Summer Scholars Program. Your complete application will be reviewed when all application materials and application fee are received by the SSP office. The admission decision will be sent by email.
- Mail the Teacher Recommendation (pdf)to SSP
The Letter of Recommendation can be mailed to the SSP office by the recommender, or it may be included with your transcript if it is enclosed in a separate sealed envelope.
- Send your official High School Transcript to SSP
Official transcripts must be sealed by the records office. Copies or faxes will not be accepted. Transcripts can be submitted with the other application materials if they are in a separate sealed envelope.
International Students are required to mail the following additional documents to SSP:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score
- Copy of the ID page of your passport
- Copy of your student visa (if you are already studying in the U.S.)
- If you require an I-20 for a student visa, you will need to submit a bank letter on official letterhead stating that the person responsible for your living and personal expenses while studying at the University of Miami has a minimum of $7,000 USD in his/her account, or a recent bank statement showing an equivalent balance of $7,000 USD.
When all of your application materials have been received, your application will be reviewed. Please allow two weeks for an admission decision. Admission decisions will be sent via email.
Mail supplemental documents to:
Summer Scholars Program
University of Miami
111 Allen Hall
5050 Brunson Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146
If you have questions, contact the Summer Scholars Program office at firstname.lastname@example.org; or 305.284.5078.