The University of Miami is proud to introduce our Personal Training and Fitness Certification Program. In partnership with ACE (American Council on Exercise) students enrolled in this program will become learn to become effective personal trainers while preparing for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam. The program will help students will help students learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Human Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Applied Kinesiology, and Nutrition
- Health and Exercise History Information Assessment
- Resistance Training: Programming and Progressions
- Professional and Legal Responsibilities, Scope of Practice and Business Strategies for Personal Trainers
- Communication and Teaching Techniques
- Physiological Assessments
- And more!