The need to raise funds for many nonprofit sectors requires the ability to research and prepare grants. The Fundamentals of Grant Writing Certificate program will enable participants to develop skills associated with researching grant funding opportunities, utilizing advanced word processing functions, enhancing proofreading and copyediting skills, and understanding the step-by-step process for completing grant applications. Learning will also encompass nonprofit development, the comprehensive preparation of grant proposals, and technical writing.
Upon successful completion of the Fundamentals of Grant Writing Certificate program, the participant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Researching grant funding opportunities
- Applying proofreading, copyediting, and technical writing skills
- Comprehending the process for filing grant applications
- Understanding the basics of nonprofit development
- Preparing grant proposals
The Fundamentals of Grant Writing Certificate program is 8 weeks in length. This program is offered fully online.
This program is offered through the Office of Professional Advancement.