In the Nonprofit Fundraising and Development Certificate program, learning will focus on developing skills in the essentials of nonprofit development for various entities in the nonprofit business environment. A firm understanding of board governance and relations is critical. Understanding the mission of the entity is critical to effective programming, financing options, and effective community relations and strategic partnerships in the nonprofit environment. Professionals tasked with nonprofit fundraising and development must be skilled in the art of persuasion, the negotiation process, and effective communication and presentation skills to successfully raise funds and develop partnerships that support an entity’s mission.
Upon successful completion of the Nonprofit Fundraising and Development Certificate program, the participant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Understanding the basics of nonprofit development
- Understanding board governance and relations
- Examining programming, financing, and community relations in the nonprofit environment
- Analyzing the value of persuasion in the negotiation process
- Employing effective communication and presentation skills
The Nonprofit Fundraising and Development Certificate program is 8 weeks in length. This program is offered fully online.
This program is offered through the Office of Professional Advancement.