Nonprofit managers are an integral part of the workplace team with unique responsibilities because of the nature of the nonprofit business structure. To make a lasting, sustainable contribution to the community, today’s nonprofits must remain true to their mission while competitively going beyond traditional nonprofit business models in acts of charity and business development. The Nonprofit Management Certificate program focuses on human resources, public policy, regulatory compliance, ethical mandates, programming, financing, and community relations, from a management perspective, in the nonprofit environment. Additional areas of concentration include board governance/relations, fundraising, and volunteer management specific to the nonprofit workplace.
Upon successful completion of the Fundamentals of Nonprofit Management Certificate program, the participant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Evaluating human resource issues for a nonprofit entity
- Identifying ethical issues that arise in a nonprofit environment
- Examining programming, financing, and community relations in the nonprofit environment
- Understanding board governance and relations
- Developing strategies for effective fundraising and volunteer management
The Fundamentals of Nonprofit Management Certificate program is 8 weeks in length. This program is offered fully online.
This program is offered through the Office of Professional Advancement.