Fundraising and nonprofit administration are emerging private sector areas. Growing opportunities exist for those who possess unique skills and knowledge of the nonprofit business structure and have a philanthropic drive to give back to the community in various ways. In today’s nonprofit environment, the philanthropist has the ability to blend the skills of fundraising, leadership, and management to assist a nonprofit entity in making a sustainable contribution to the community. The Fundamentals of Philanthropy Certificate program focuses on board governance and relations, nonprofit programming and financing, and community relations in the nonprofit sector. Additional topics include the evaluation of human resource issues for nonprofits, researching grant funding opportunities, and consulting contracts and business development issues.
Upon successful completion of the Fundamentals of Philanthropy Certificate program, the participant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Identifying how philanthropists can contribute to charitable causes
- Understanding board governance and relations
- Examining programming, financing, and community relations in the nonprofit environment
- Evaluating human resource issues for a nonprofit entity
- Researching grant funding opportunities
The Fundamentals of Philanthropy Certificate program is 8 weeks in length. This program is offered fully online.
This program is offered through the Office of Professional Advancement.