Auditing Undergraduate Classes
OLLI members who are interested in observing a class, but do not want to receive academic credit or a grade, may audit "lecture type" courses only. Auditing is attending undergraduate lecture classes where members are asked to observe, but not participate. University credit is not awarded for audited classes.
Please be advised: Auditing is allowed only when there is space available in "lecture type" undergraduate classes. "Lecture type" classes are those in which students can observe the delivered lecture of material by the professor. "Interactive type" classes (e.g., Language, Art, Drama, Math) are NOT open for audit at UM.
Audit students receive no credit, do not prepare written assignments or take examinations, are not eligible for residence on campus in campus residence halls, and do not receive a student I.D. card.
- Please note: There are no refunds available for the OLLI Audit Fee.
- Submit your Audit Request Form at least 5 working days before the start of the semester.
- A Late Fee of $50 will be in effect for Audit Requests submitted after the first day of UM classes (to be paid in addition to the OLLI Audit Fee).
- Check the UM Academic Calendar for other important dates (such as the last day to add a course).
If you are interested in auditing, please submit the electronic Audit Request Form.
Auditing for OLLI members is a privilege permitted by the University of Miami. Please follow these procedures:
- Search for UM classes you would like to audit
- Complete the OLLI Audit Request Form with the information about the class(es) you would like to audit.
- Wait to hear from the OLLI staff. They will contact you by email.
- You will receive notification from OLLI when permission is granted for you to audit the classes you requested. You will receive notification from OLLI if permission is not granted.
- Once you receive permission to audit, you will need to pay the OLLI Audit Fee online.
- Once the OLLI Audit Fee is paid and processed, you will receive Blackboard access for your UM class.
- You will be contacted by email by the Blackboard system at UM when you have Blackboard access.
Please be patient as these procedures and processes take time.
Click here to pay the Auditing Fee.
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for auditing courses.