Effective project management is integral for improvement of organizational performance. The focused development of hard and soft skills pertaining to project management is fundamental for those seeking to work in project management. The development of skill sets specific to PMBOK in knowledge areas and process groups, with application based learning, will prepare program participants for all facets of the project management process across a broad spectrum of disciplines.
Upon successful completion of the Project Management Certificate program, the participant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
- Understanding the PMBOK knowledge areas and process groups (Project Management Institute’s (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Implementing the PMBOK processes of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing a project. Applying knowledge and skills to successfully manage projects.
- Demonstrating the ability to manage a project throughout all key stages of the process.
- Understanding professional conduct expected by industry professionals and the Project Management Institute.
- Satisfying the education requirement to qualify to take the PMP® or CAPM® exam (see www.pmi.org for additional information about the PMP® or CAPM® eligibility requirements
The Project Management Certificate Program is 12 weeks in length.
This program is offered through the Office of Professional Advancement.